2001-2005 Pastoral Retreat Topics and Speakers Back
November 11-13, 2001
Mid-Course Correction: Re-Ordering Your Private World for the Next Part of Your Journey
- Gordon MacDonald, a Senior Fellow of the Washington-based Trinity Forum.
- Reading and reflection are based on Mid-Course Correction: Re-Ordering Your Private World for the Next Part of Your Journey by Gordon MacDonald (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2000).
August 25-28, 2002
A Ministry of Hope in a Discouraging World: The Message of 2 Corinthians and the Call to Discernment
- Gordon T. Smith, academic vice president, dean and associate professor of Spiritual Theology of Regent College in Vancouver. BC, Canada.
- Reading, reflection and prayer are based on Listening to God in Times of Choice: the Art of Discerning God's Will by Gordon T. Smith (Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 1997).
June 24-26, 2003
Faith versus Inferiority, Insecurity and Inadequacy
- Philip Teng, a worldwide conference speaker and was president for Alliance Bible Seminary (HK), China Graduate School of Theology (HK), and the director of Chinese Program of Nyack Seminary (NY). He is now the principal lecturer at Christian Ministry Institute (HK).
June 21-23, 2004
The Essentials of Leadership Development: Focusing Your Leadership
- Terry Walling, vice president for church revitalization at Church Resource Ministries (CRM).
- Bobby Clinton, Professor of Leadership at Fuller Theological Seminary
June 5-7, 2005
Becoming An Equipping Pastor
- R. Paul Stevens, the David J. Brown Family Professor of Marketplace Theology and Leadership at College in Vancouver, Canada.